Sunday, October 19, 2008
Last Song Syndrome: A Tribute to Lola

October 19, 2008 - My maternal lola died on the first day of Final Exams and buried on the last day of the semester. It wasnt easy accepting the fact that the granny i grew up with is now way unreachable. She died at age of 83, bearing the disease carcinoma papillae. She was strong enough to survive it for more than 2 years. She died not knowing she has cancer. She was an amazing granma. Every time we have our reunion, she would sing her spanish songs, holding a baseball cap that will roam around the venue (for donation). and went she's done singing with enough money on the baseball cap, she would tell all grandchildren and great grandchildren to line up and she will distribute all the money she gathered from her "lil concert". She's strong and very much capable too. She bore 12 hyperactive children that gave her 48 grandchildren, and that grandchildren bore 29 great grand children. So you could just imagine how we celebrate our reunions! And from now on, all of this reunion will be missing a piece. who will sing spanish songs now? Who will tell the grandchildren and the great grandchildren to line up? She's just on our heart now. and that memory is the only thing that keep her alive in our hearts.





Chosen as Mine
by: Hillsong Australia

Here I am so close to you
Know my voice, I'll never leave you
For I have loved you since before the sands of time were made
I love you still and always will.
You're chosen as Mine

My Father wants to bless you now,
Receive from Him all that you'll ever need.
Come spend eternity with Me. My heart�s full of love for you.
I love you still and always will.
You're chosen as Mine.

Cries in the desert, My child, I hear them.
Tears in the valley, My lovely, I count them.
You're so precious; you were on My mind as I died.

I love you still, always will.
Chosen as Mine.





To my lola,
you will always be remebered and love. you will always have this special place in my heart. thank you for being the strength of my mom. Thank you for bearing her, and molding her into an extraordinary person. You will be miss for youre the one who binds us all. i love you lola.



Of love and other demons,

Cathie



My Avatar Mood:



Avatars / IconsBlack Pictures, Images and PhotosAvatars / Icons


Labels: , , ,



Chocoholic Cathie is finally at home on 10/19/2008 08:24:00 AM.