Sunday, September 14, 2008
Last Song Syndrome: Episode 3

September 14, 2008 - For this week's Last Song Syndrome, let me share to you one of my favorite OPM song. It was written by Gary Valenciano (aka Gary V. aka Mr. Pure Energy) in the year 1988 and released in the same year in his album entitled Heart and Soul. This song, I believe have survived the test of time. For 2 decades now, the song is still hitting radiowaves (although not that often, but the point is it is still remembered) and even on YouTube (though it may not have the big view rates like Brit's Freak dance on MTV VMA '07).

Now let me tell you something why this song is dearly special to me. Since I was in high school, I always run to this song every time depression slap hard on me. There is just something about this song that comforts me. Probably the words, or the rhythm or meter or notes (Hello, Sir PAcs), anyway my point is there is something about this song that may help you pass through. Whatever that is, it doesnt matter. Give it try. Listen to it. Who knows it may enlighten you or something. Oh! and like in the usual LSS episodes, I've highlighted some lines.. how about you? Which lines do you like most?

Special Thanks to: ProfessorBefore2 and YouTube



Take Me Out of the Dark
by: Gary Valenciano

Just what is it in me?
Sometimes I just don't know
What keeps me in Your love,
Why you never let me go

And though you're in me now,
I fall and hurt you still
My Lord, please show me how
To know just how you feel

You have forgiven me
Too many times it seems
I feel I'm not what you might call
A worthy Christian after all

And though I love You so
Temptation finds its way to me

Teach me to trust in You
With all my heart
To lean not on my own understanding
I just forget
You won't give me what I can't bear

Take me out of the dark, my Lord
I don't wanna be there

You've never left my side
You gave Your hand to me to hold
Oh Jesus, I'm no longer in the cold

And yet, I leave You there
When I feel satisfied
I'd like to thank You every day
Not only when I feel that way

I've never known a Man
Who'd give His life for sinners like me
And yet, because He loves us so
He's promised us eternity
And we can have that promise
And be His if we have faith
And just believe

Teach us to trust in you
With all my heart
To lean not on my own understanding
We just forget
You won't give us what we can't bear

Take us out of the dark, My Lord
'Cause we don't want to be alone
Take me out of the dark, My Lord
We don't wanna be there, My Lord

Trust in You with all my heart
Lean not on my own understanding
I just forget
You won't give me what I can't bear

Take me out of the dark, My Lord
Cause we don't want to be alone
Take me out of the dark, My Lord
I don't want to be there







Of Love and other demons,
Cathie


My Avatar Mood:

Avatars / IconsAvatars / IconsAvatars / Icons


P.S

I'm not religious, nor am I converting you into whatever religion. Let's just say I'm spiritual. I have my faith, you have yours. Let's keep it that way.


Labels: , ,



Chocoholic Cathie is finally at home on 9/14/2008 06:25:00 AM.